1. I truly believe I was born to write. I have done many things in my life and held numerous jobs (I currently love my day job) but through it all writing was always a part of what I did.
2. I love to create stories and then look back and think- Did I write that?
3. I want to see my name on a book cover. I want to see what my first book cover will look like (I’d be lying if I didn’t admit to this).
4. I love anything that has to do with words. Words to me are like numbers to a mathematician.
5. It is therapeutic to my soul. When I sit down to write, it’s like taking a mini vacation. Everything and everyone falls to the side. I could find myself on a beach, walking a desert or on the top of a mountain.
6. I’m an observer. Observing without producing is wasteful as far as I’m concerned.
7. I’d like my words to help someone else interpret life in a way they never thought they would.
8. I want my children to be able to have my words to read after I’m taken from their life.
9. It’s exciting. Any emotion I am feeling can be released through writing.
10. If I didn’t write, I wouldn’t be me.
We all have reasons to do what we do. I’m sure many of my reasons are similar to yours but I would still like to hear why you write. Do you have a reason different from the ones I listed?