Hey, hey, I’m back. My blog has taken a brief hiatus in recent months and now it’s time to return. I have some cool things coming up that I hope will please my readers.
In the next few weeks you will be able to enter a giveaway (for a signed copy of a super funny book), read an interview (from the author who wrote the super funny book), participate in writing exercises, read some ramblings and hopefully gain some useful information. So, keep reading for new updates and blog posts.
Okay, let’s get to today’s post. Yesterday I received a Sunshine Blogger Award from fellow writer A.F.E. Smith (which instantly made me smile). In accepting this award, I am required to answer a series of questions and then pass the torch (aka Sunshine Blogger Award) to other bloggers who I think deserve the award too, link my nominees to this post and comment on their blog letting them know of their nomination. Below are my answers and the blogs I have nominated, keep reading to see if you are one of them.
- What is your favorite Christmas movie?
I love them all. But, A Christmas Story is definitely my favorite. I remember watching it with my father for the first time and laughing at both the movie and the fact that he was laughing so hard. You’ll shoot your eye out kid, the leg lamp, the brother stuffed into his snow suit, the infamous fight scene, Flicks tongue sticking to the pole, Ralphie muttering the f word, Santa kicking him down the slide, enough said. I love the movie.
Runner ups are Ebenezer Scrooge: A Christmas Carol. Who doesn’t love this movie? Redemption, love, reflection, family and ghosts, it has it all. I can’t not mention Rudolph and Frosty, I love them too.
2. What is your favorite flower?
Wow, I’m having a tough time giving one answer. I have to include two answers for this one as well. My favorite flower for inside the home are Gerber daisies. They are colorful, cheerful, pretty, and make me happy. For outside the home, I love orange Tiger Lilies. These beautiful flowers bloom the week of my oldest daughter’s birthday every year. For me, the orange tiger lilies symbolize birth and joy. Plus, I have always had a thing for the color orange.
3. What is your favorite non-alcoholic beverage? My mother’s fresh brewed unsweetened Iced Tea with lots of ice. It is simply the most refreshing drink. I think it is better than any bottled tea on the market.
4. What is your passion?
My passion is without a doubt writing. I will write until the day I die. It is not only a passion for me, it’s a calling.
5. What is your favorite time of year? I adore fall
6. What is your favorite time of day? I have been a night owl ever since I could remember but as I get older I am beginning to thoroughly enjoy the early evening hours.
7. What is your favorite physical activity? I always enjoyed Yoga but have gotten away from a daily routine. There is something euphoric about balancing the mind, body and spirit.
8. What is your favorite vacation? Anywhere my family is. I love the beach but one day I hope to have a vacation home on a lake.
My nominees are: (Sorry, I had to lis twelve, I couldn’t leave anyone of these great writers out)
- Renee DeAngelo
- Medeia Sherif
- Courtney at Fuzzy Coffee Books
- Taffy at Taffy’s Writing
- Rebecca at Novel Girl
- Laura Marcella at Wavy Lines
- Nutschell at The Writing Nut
- Britney Gulbrandsen
- Andrea Mack at That’s Another Story
- Laura At Writing Straight
- Barbara Davis-Pyles at The Mind’s Elbow
Each blog I have nominated as inspired me at one point or another. Keep writing, you never know who might need your words.
If your blog has been given an award, make sure you post your button award on your blog, answer the eight questions and then nominate ten others. Have a sunny day!