Every writer dreams of becoming a successful author. I sometimes daydream about being interviewed and asked the question, “What did you do before you became a wildly successful author?”
I thought it would be fun to research what some famous authors did prior to getting their break.
Here’s just a few (In no particular order)
1. J.K. Rowling- was a secretary who daydreamed about a teenage wizard while she was supposed to be working.
2. Suzanne Collins-worked as a writer for the Nickelodeon television shows.
3. Stephen King-was a high school English teacher
4. Mark Twain-was a master riverboat pilot on the Mississippi River
5. E.L.Konigsburg-was a bookkeeper at a meat plant
6. Kate DiCamillo-worked at a book warehouse
7. Ernest Hemingway-was a World War 1 ambulance driver
8. Jodi Piccoult- Edited textbooks and was an eighth grade English teacher