After feeling disappointed in myself for not finishing the a to z challenge for the second year in a row I was giddy with excitement when I received a comment from Julia informing me she nominated me for a Liebster Award (even though I had no idea what the award was). It’s nice when other writers (especially when they are from writers you didn’t even know visited your blog) recognize you and your work.
The way it works, is I post eleven random things about myself and then answer some questions from Julia.
Eleven Random Things
1. I am a dealer/supervisor at a casino.
2. I wanted to teach the deaf at an early age and took sign language courses. I never did see this dream come true but I did teach a class in college how to sing I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas in sign language.
3. I once participated in The Vagina Monologues solely because my sister thought I should.
4. I love symbolism.
5. I dream in vivid detail. My brother teases me and says there should be opening and closing credits to my dreams. My current YA novel was inspired by a dream.
6. I can read people very easily. I know if someone is lying, I can tell if they are genuine. I have been told I have psychic qualities. I do know I feel a person’s energy immediately.
7. I love to laugh. I usually create the strongest bonds with people who share my sense of humor.
8. I remember the day I realized that writing was my calling.
9. My grandparents were from Italy, they had an arranged marriage and it produced twelve children. Their names were Emilia and Emilio.
10. I have three sisters and a brother and now I have three daughters and a son.
11. My friends and I were once plucked from the audience at the circus and asked to dress up as characters. We were then driven around the three rings in cages and had to wave to the audience. I chose Raggedy Andy. I refused to dress as the hippo because at the time I was overweight.
Here are my the questions I am required to answer.
1.Are you a coffee drinker or a tea drinker? I drink lots of coffee and I love fresh brewed Iced Tea.
2.Do you have any pets? If so, what? I have two pugs, Auggy and Edgar- our other pug Farley died last year.
3.How long have you been blogging? Close to ten years.
4.If you were a super hero, who would you be and why? Hmm, I think I’d be superwoman. It would be awesome to fly.
5.Name one book/magazine you’ve read lately that really inspired you to do something. The Magic. It inspired me to look for things on a daily basis to be thankful for.
6.If you found a magic lamp and had ONLY three wishes, what would they be? 1.I’d wish for one wish a day for the rest of my life. 2.Id wish for all of my children to have healthy fulfilled lives 3. I’d wish for my father to be alive again.
7.Have you ever visited another country? If so, where? No. I have never been on a plane.
8.Name something that is unusual about you. I can often tell what someone is thinking.
9.If you could spend the night in a haunted house, would
10.Do you believe in reincarnation? No. I think the idea of it is fascinating but it is not part of my beliefs.
11.What’s your favorite thing to eat? So much. I’d say my top five are 1. My mother’s homemade Italian dinners. 2. Sushi 3. Chocolate 4. Cottage Cheese with Cracked Pepper Potatoe chips and 5. Wraps
I am nominating the last ten people who commented on my blog.
1. Susanne at susannedrazic.blogspot.com
2. Nikki at nikkigodwin.blogspot.com
3. Joylene at cluculzwriter.blogspot.com
7. Gwen at fulfilling-dreamsdailydramaofanaspiringwriter.blogspot.com.com
8. Medeia at sharifwrites.com9. Pete at petedenton.wordpress.com
10. Regina Gort citymusecountrymuse2012.blogspot.com/
Here are eleven questions I have for all of you.
1. What was the last book you read?
2. Do you have a favorite quote?
3. What was the best advice you were ever given?
4. What is your guilty pleasure?
5. Do you journal?
6. What’s the earliest memory you have?
7. Chocolate or vanilla?
8. What’s your favorite season?
9. What was your favorite book as a child?
10. What’s your sign?
11. What job do you know you would never be able to do?
Feel Free to answer any of the questions I posted.
I’m Back. It feels good to be posting again!