Today is the last day of the April A to Z writing challenge. I made it! Woo! Woo! Woo!
This month has been fun and challenging. I’m ready to give my mind a few days to rest and then jump back into my works in progress. If you haven’t already commented on my “I” post –Interview with Divinity author Derek Miller you still have time. I will select a random commenter next week to win a special prize.
I have to be honest, my mind feels scrambled. I’m searching for the right words but none seem to want to appear. I’m waiting to become inspired but something tells me inspiration has checked out for the day. I’m trying to collect my thoughts but I’m finding myself staring off into space. My thoughts are silent or at least very quiet.
Sometimes this happens and when it does the best thing to do is go with it. Great ideas aren’t always going to be roaming through our minds.
What are some ways that you rest your mind? Do you believe inspiration hits stronger after you allow yourself to take some time off from thinking?
Here are a few techniques that may help bring back inspiration.
1. Doodle- This act of unconscious drawing keeps your brain working while your thoughts are resting. I’ve always been a doodler. My journals are filled with doodles. I’m often fascinated by the scribbles that sometimes turn into pictures.
2. Meditate- There is several different ways one can meditate. You can choose one object and focus on it and only it or you can focus on your breathing. The act of meditation is said to improve your mind’s focus when not meditating. If you want, come up with a mantra and repeat it over and over to induce a meditative state.
3. Go outside- Breathe in the fresh air. Take in the scenery and allow yourself to become one with the earth.
4. Choose to Experience Something New- New experiences free up clutter in our minds and helps restore inspiration. The next time someone asks you to do something you haven’t done before say yes.
5. Take a Nap- I’m a huge fan of naps. Naps help rejuvenate you and if you are lucky enough to dream during your nap you may wake up inspired by the story told to you while you lay sleeping.
I had a blast this month. Thanks again for visiting my blog. I’m inspired by all of you.
Now it’s time to catch a few Zzzzz’s.